From your home to our factory and back again
The Monmouthshire Window Company have been installing windows across South Wales and the South-West of England for over 20 years. During this time, we’ve amassed a huge amount of industry knowledge so have become highly adept at creating new windows for all kinds of homeowners. If you’ve been looking for some for your home, you might be wondering how the window creation process works. So, to make things a bit clearer, here is our process for creating your perfect windows:
Step 1: Design
After you make contact with us, we’ll send out a member of our specialist team to visit you at your home. Once here, they’ll discuss with you any ideas you might have for the replacement windows. Using their years of experience, they’ll suggest ideas on what will best fit your home and meet what you’re looking for. As part of this process, they will discuss:
- Window materials (uPVC & aluminium) and their respective characteristics
- Styles of window (casement, sash, tilt and turn, etc.) and which one offers the practical features and visual appeal that you’re looking for
- The types of glass that are available e.g. self-cleaning glass, low-emissivity glass and solar control glass and how they can alter the performance of the window
- Whether you’d like double or triple glazing as this will also have an effect on the way the window performs
- Any window furniture such as Georgian bars, run-through sash horns, and arched head inserts. This is so you can customise the areas of the window that are more subtle but equally as important to the overall aesthetic
Although we will be working with you, the decision-making will, ultimately, be in your hands. During the design process, we aim to provide you with as much information as possible so you can find the perfect windows for your home.
Step 2: Taking measurements
If you’ve decided on a window or set of windows for your home, we’ll send out a surveyor to take some measurements. It’s essential for any replacement windows to fill the space left by the old ones to the millimetre. Otherwise, there is a risk of your home not being completely sealed from the outdoors, leaving space for rain, wind and other forms of weather to get inside.
Step 3: Fabrication
Our sister company, Evaframe, is a fabricator of aluminium windows so they will be the ones creating your perfect windows. Using the design and measurements that we’ve provided them with, they’ll begin fabricating your windows in their state-of-the-art manufacturing plant. As Evaframe is our sister company, your windows will be available far quicker than they would be from an installer who uses an external fabricator. This also means that we can guarantee a consistent level of finished product quality.
Step 4: Installation
Once the windows have been built, our experienced and highly skilled team of installers will travel to your home and begin fitting them. When doing so, we will keep the site tidy and work in an efficient manner, to minimise the disruption caused to your everyday life.
Live in South Wales or the South-West of England and looking for new windows? Get in touch with The Monmouthshire Window Company and see how we can help. We’re available to call on 01291 630063 or can be contacted online.
Enquire about our windows >>